- No Ads
- Picture offline
- Download content offline
The Oxford Dictionary of American English responds to the unique needs of the learner by providing explanations, illustrations, and related information not given in ordinary dictionaries. All entries use carefully worded definitions and provide contextual examples of usage, grammar, and idioms.
Oxford Dictionary American for learners of English offer students a dictionary that is just right for their level. Written specifically for students working to improve their English language skills, these dictionaries support English learners, struggling readers, and special education students with Basic to Advanced levels. Based on extensive research with U.S. teachers and language-learning experts, these three new dictionaries help students:
Transition from picture dictionaries more easily by using words they can understand for definitions and using illustrations for more difficult words.
Learn content area words from math, chemistry, biology, geography, etc.
Focus on the Academic Word List and the Oxford 3000TM(the most important words to learn in English).
Extend their vocabulary with extra help note boxes throughout the dictionary- help with related vocabulary synonyms, topic collocations, Academic Word List collocations, and word families, affixes, and more.
Write different types of texts in English, from resumes to e-mails to essays, with the Writing Tutor (Intermediate and Advanced levels only).
- Search word fastest.
- Audio pronunciations.
- Voice record to store your voice.
- Favorite words - customize your recently liked word list.
- History words - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English Spelling help - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you.
- Lookup the definition of any word in English quickly (FREE).
- Listen to real AUDIO PRONUNCIATION in English (FREE).
- Improve GRAMMAR & LISTENING (FREE)
- EASY SHARE with anyone easily (FREE).
- More and more example sentences (FREE).
- My vocabylary
Welcome to the American Advanced Learner's Dictionary